Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Beauty on a Budget: NYC Lipstick

Hello lovelies!
Looks red, right?

I practically grew up on NYC (New York Color), it was the only way I could convince my mom to buy me any makeup. True Story. Anyway, I was perusing around WalMart the other day and found the small section for NYC products. Feeling nostalgic, I took a look. Lo and behold I found a goldmine. They've really stepped it up.
Since I have misplaced my usual red lipstick, I decided to try out "Ruby" #305


Now, the lipstick is quite shimmery and sheer, and much more pink than the color swatch would indicate 

not so much, still pretty though

Overall, I really do like this color, and for a whopping 98 cents I can't really complain. I prefer more sheer colors as it is so this lipstick did justice for me. 


It does label itself as a "moisturizing" lipstick, and it does live up to that -- for a while. It does have pretty good staying power even without a liner

A very pretty holiday color












I'm on a manhunt now for more cheap, snazzy colors. I will keep you all posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment