Friday, September 14, 2012

Why I Love Uniforms!

Hello all!

So this may be a bit of a brief rant, but I hope I'm not the only one who can relate. Growing up, I went to a Catholic High School, and my first "real" job was working in a pizza restaurant. Now that I've grown up to retail (hardy har), I have come to realize something very...very important about myself.

I freaking love uniforms!

I thought at first this job would be awesome. Sure, there is a dress code. But I was thrilled that I would have the chance to wear whatever I wanted, within reason. No more unflattering mesh shirts and akward, ill-fitted visors and caps. Finally I would be free of this repression!

Oh, but I was so -- so wrong. day after day it's a constant struggle of "What am I going to wear?" combined with a sudden realization that most of my paychecks were going to buying more clothes for work.

Huh? How does that work? Aren't I supposed to be earning MORE money instead of less? In any case, although it can be nice to wear something cute and flattering to work, sometimes I long for the simplicity of knowing that I only had to make sure I had khakis on and my uniform shirt in my car.

Needless to say, I am enjoying the temporary career change on this path of my college career, and I'm sure I'll have a greater appreciation for retail staff from now on!

On a lighter note, even though I'm not posting an Outfit of the Day (OOTD)


Outfit of the Day: Work Attire

I'm loving the shiny skinny pants jean for fall, so much more comfortable than leather! I tucked in the polka dot top and wrapped the belt around. Perfect school to work outfit, just add heels!

What do you guys think about uniforms? Do you love them or do you hate them? Comment below for a shout out in a following post!



No comments:

Post a Comment